European recommendation for children in Covid time
- Children under 10 years are more difficult to get infection by Covid or give infection to others.
- 57% of the children with Covid infection are asymptomatic vs 15% only of adult.
- In school mask is mandatory only for kids over 12 years.
- Most important symptoms in children with Covid are fever, cough, difficult breathing, and diarrhea.
- Any child over 6 years with suspected symptoms should do Covid swap.
- Child with suspected Covid symptoms less than 6 years do not need to do Covid swab if there’s no contact with a positive case and no severe symptoms need to be hospitalized, but if symptoms continue more than 3 days Covid swab is a must.
- No need to repeat PCR swab test for kids after improvement if quarantine for 14 days has been finished.
- If there is a clear reason for fever like urinary tract infection, scarlet fever, or diarrhea by Rota virus no need to do Covid swab.
- do not hesitate to call your doctor or visit the ED department. If you feel that your child with fever is not in a good condition.